RAE HOFFMAN A.K.A. SUGARRAE
I've been an entrepreneur and successful online marketer for almost two decades. But make no mistake, I've busted my ass to get here.
So, how does a graduate of the foster care system, with nothing but a GED, go on to create a multi-million dollar business - and become a highly respected marketer and entrepreneur?
The truth is, I didn't have a choice.
My first son suffered a massive stroke as a baby that left him severely multiply handicapped. He passed away in 2012 at the age of 15.
It would have been easy to be defeated. But, I chose to find the lessons and not the excuses in those situations and became a successful entrepreneur. I'm a firm believer that your situation does not determine your result – your attitude does.
Take no prisoners and make no excuses – in business or life.
"Rae Hoffman is a legend in the online world."
- Jonathan Fields, Award-winning Author, Producer & Entrepreneur
Jonathan Fields interviewed me in a special two-part episode of The Good Life. We discuss where I came from, how I became an entrepreneur, what I've learned along the way and why I believe anyone can achieve whatever they set out to achieve.
SEO Consulting Services
I have been an SEO since the late nineties. I spent more than a decade as an award-winning affiliate marketer before entering the world of consulting a few years into my career. I have co-founded two successful digital marketing agencies, but prefer to work with brands – small and large – on a one-to-one basis. You can find out more about my consulting services here.
Currently Working On
I am a serial entrepreneur who loves building websites and companies – that I then have historically sold to move onto my next venture. You'll find information about my current entrepreneurial projects here.
As Seen In
Over the years, I've been featured in numerous industry and mainstream media publications. Some of those outlets include:
San Francisco Weekly
Online Media Daily
Search Engine Watch
Search Engine Land
Web Pro News
Search Engine Journal
SEO - The Movie
Book - Turning Clicks into Customers
Book - SEO for Growth
Prior Speaking Engagements
Since 2004, I've given somewhere between 100-200 presentations at search marketing conferences all across North America. Some of those conferences include:
Janes of Digital
Affiliate Summit East
Affiliate Summit West
PR News Summit
Partnering for Strength
OK Foster Wishes
Dallas Fort Worth SEM
IM Spring Break
SES New York
SES San Jose
Search & Social Summit
- Regular Speaker, PubCon
- Invited Guest, Webmasters in the Sun
- Invited Guest, Yahoo Search Relevancy Panel, Yahoo Corporate Headquarters
- Regular Speaker, Search Engine Strategies
- Former Member, PRWeb Advisory Council
- Speaker, SEOClass Workshop Series
- Regular Speaker, Search Marketing Expo (SMX)
- Regular Columnist, Search Engine Land
- Invited Guest, Google Search Relevancy Panel, Google Corporate Headquarters
- Retired Moderator, WebmasterWorld.com
- Keynote Speaker, IM Spring Break Conference
- Speaker, Izeafest
- Regular Speaker, Affiliate Summit
- Speaker, Audience Conference
- Speaker, Search and Social Summit
- "Featured Expert" in "Turning Clicks into Customers," Duane Forrester
- Speaker, BlueGlass Conference Series
- Regular Columnist, Marketing Land
- Invited Speaker, Dallas Forth-Worth SEM
- Former Columnist, AMEX OpenForum
- Featured Guest, Affiliate Voices Podcast
- Former Member, Affiliate Summit Advisory Board
- Former Member, Raven Tools Product Advisory Group
- Speaker, LeadsCon
- Featured Speaker, OK Foster Wishes Flux Event
- Keynote Speaker, Affiliate Summit East
- Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Awards (ASPA) "Affiliate of the Year" Nominee - 2014
- ASPA "Affiliate Advocate of the Year" Nominee - 2014
- Interviewee, The Good Life Project
- Featured Speaker, New Hampshire Family Voice Conference
- Repeat Columnist, Feedfront Magazine
- Trainer, PRNews SEO Workshop, June 2014
- Panelist, Inaugural Janes of Digital Event, sponsored by SMX & Bing
- ASPA "Affiliate of the Year" Nominee - 2015
- Speaker, SearchFest
- Speaker, SearchHOU
- Keynote Speaker, Blog Elevated
- Keynote Speaker, Ungagged
- ASPA "Affiliate of the Year" Nominee - 2016
- ASPA "Affiliate of the Year" Winner - 2016
- Katy Harvey Heroes Honoree, Katy Magazine - 2017
- Licensed real estate agent in Katy Texas